Why work at Phoenix Lab?
Do you love animals? Dependable, Reliable? Have a “do whatever it takes” attitude for customer service? Want to work for a great company where you earn personal time off? LOOK NO FURTHER!
Phoenix Laboratory is located just 20 miles north of Seattle, providing ample opportunity to explore the city, the outdoors and other pleasures of the Pacific Northwest. It is a full-service veterinary diagnostic laboratory founded in 1989 and offering complete clinical and anatomic pathology testing. Phoenix Laboratory serves over 1,000 clients throughout the United States and is the oldest exclusive veterinary diagnostic laboratory in the region.
- Fantastic Snohomish County location (reverse commute from Seattle/Eastside.)
- Competitive compensation
- We believe customer service is an attitude, not a department. If you’re passionate about veterinary medicine and providing outstanding service to the local veterinary community, Phoenix Lab is the place for you!
Current Job Openings:
This critical role will report to the CEO and will be responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting operations, as well as the financial reporting, analysis, forecasting, and budgeting functions. A required capability for success is the ability to meet current daily, weekly and monthly deadlines while also creating and implementing new processes, controls and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing monthly, quarterly, and yearly accounting close in both US GAAP and IFRS standards
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations including Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger
- Record adjusting journal entries and prepare reconciliations addressing non-routine circumstances as they occur
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting, including the preparation of the executive management reporting package
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts, including developing the process, templates, revenue and cost drivers
- Report on Actual vs. Budget, Actual vs. Forecast and Forecast vs. Budget on a monthly basis
- Monitor cash flow and ensure proper cash levels
- Responsible for federal, state and local tax filings
- Monitor and ensure compliance with emerging relevant telecommunications and tax legislation to comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Provide financial information to lenders and potential lenders as requested or required to satisfy corporate financing reporting commitments
- Special projects and workflow process improvements
- Implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Assist in yearly tax preparations
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization, while creating and promoting a positive and supportive work environment
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a BA in Accounting or Finance; CPA and/or MBA Preferred
- Leader with four to five years of director level accounting and finance experience
- Solid experience with financial reporting, budget development and analysis, and gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive teams and external stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software, including QuickBooks, ADP and Salesforce
- Ability to think and operate both strategically and tactically
Phoenix Lab is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com